The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Form Tools
Big problem with File-Uploads - Printable Version

+- Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org)
+-- Forum: Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Big problem with File-Uploads (/showthread.php?tid=1012)

Big problem with File-Uploads - jpsaenz - Jan 2nd, 2011

Hi!

i have a big problem with the file-uploads - that not work :-( I've read the manuals and many post here on the forum, but i can't solved it...

I have a Multi-Form (API), on two pages i have upload-fields.

1. "file_data" => $_FILES = is setting on (on the api-commands)
2. enctype="multipart/form-data" = is setting on (on the <form>-tags)
3. The upload-directory permissions are ok (777)
4. The php-configuration is also ok ("upload_max_filesize"="32MB" and the "upload_tmp_dir" is accesible to me and there permissions are ok too (777))
5. when i click on "send", the files seems to be uploaded (that takes a while)

but...

1. after submission, the files will not be saved in the upload-folder
2. "Settings -> Files -> Upload folder path -> Test Folder Permissions" give me a red bar back
2. "Settings -> Files -> Upload folder URL -> Confirm Folder URL-Match" says: "In order to run this test, the permissions need to be set on the upload folder to allow for reading and writing files (777 on Unix)." (this is bullshit, the permissions are ok !!!)
4. when i try to upload a file by editing the submission, i get the message: "Your submission was updated, but the following file(s) had problems:
• banner.gif: The file could not be uploaded." (banner.gif is a example for the filename)

Any Ideas? I would be grateful for any advice!
Thank you very much!

Greetings!

RE: Big problem with File-Uploads - Ben - Jan 4th, 2011

Hi jpsaez,

Sorry you're having trouble! This is definitely the source of the problem:

Quote:2. "Settings -> Files -> Upload folder path -> Test Folder Permissions" give me a red bar back
2. "Settings -> Files -> Upload folder URL -> Confirm Folder URL-Match" says: "In order to run this test, the permissions need to be set on the upload folder to allow for reading and writing files (777 on Unix)." (this is bullshit, the permissions are ok !!!)

If you don't get a blue bar on that page saying the permissions are okay on the upload folder path, then regardless of the cause, Form Tools won't be able to upload files for you.

If you're confident that the folder has 777 permissions, then almost certainly it's a path issue: i.e. the value you entered for the path is incorrect.

Paths can be tricky on some servers. Are you on Windows or Unix?

You might want to send a screenshot of the path (with the value you entered) to your hosting providers. They'd probably be able to see if the path is invalid or not.

Good luck...!

- Ben

RE: Big problem with File-Uploads - jpsaenz - Jan 5th, 2011

Hi Ben,

Thanks for you answer.

(Jan 4th, 2011, 6:19 PM)Ben Wrote: ...

If you're confident that the folder has 777 permissions, then almost certainly it's a path issue: i.e. the value you entered for the path is incorrect.

Paths can be tricky on some servers. Are you on Windows or Unix?

yes, i'm sure, the permissions and the paths are ok. I'm on linux, the absolute path is "/home/5390/docs/formtools2/upload/" and the URL is "http://www.tgk.de/formtools2/upload/" (i've tried it with and without the end "/")

You can show it here:
http://www.tgk.de/formtools2/upload/showit.php

That's the code for "showit.php":

Code:
<?php
$dirPath = dirname(__FILE__);
echo $dirPath;
?>

You have any Ideas?

Thanks a lot!

[EDIT]: Another PHP-Upload Tools, i.e. http://www.element-it.com/multiple-file-upload/flash-uploader.aspx works properly...

RE: Big problem with File-Uploads - Ben - Jan 6th, 2011

Heya,

Thanks for the edit comment -that's very good to know. So it's clearly not a PHP config issue...

Frankly, I don't know what it could be! I think I'll need to debug this directly on your site. Any chance I could get temporary FTP access & access to your Form Tools admin section? If so, email me at ben.keen@gmail.com. If not, let me know.

- Ben

RE: Big problem with File-Uploads - jpsaenz - Jan 11th, 2011

Hi Ben,

Thanks a lot for you help. Unfortunately, i can't provide you FTP-Access to our Server - but i really thank you for your offer. When i can solve this problem (no, "if" i can solve it :-)) i'll let know it, you guys...

RE: Big problem with File-Uploads - leblanc - Jan 19th, 2011

Hello.

I had the same problem. Turns out I forgot to add the
Code:
enctype="multipart/form-data"
into the form.

So Try this,

Code:
<form action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]?>" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" />

RE: Big problem with File-Uploads - 1PUTTS - Feb 13th, 2011

(Jan 19th, 2011, 3:09 PM)leblanc Wrote: Hello.

I had the same problem. Turns out I forgot to add the
Code:
enctype="multipart/form-data"
into the form.

So Try this,

Code:
<form action="<?php echo $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]?>" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST" />

Thank you, LeBlanc! I had a form with a graphic file upload that was working perfectly for a long while. I recently edited it and somehow broke it...couldn't for the life of me figure out how. Turns out I had removed the exact thing you pointed out. Added it and it works fine again...thanks!