The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Form Tools
Using Tabs with Views - Printable Version

+- Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org)
+-- Forum: Modules / Other (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Modules (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Using Tabs with Views (/showthread.php?tid=1408)

Using Tabs with Views - carpet-cleaning - Jun 25th, 2011

Hi everyone,

I just installed form tools on a new website but i've been using it on another for over a year so i know my way around. Everything is great but i have 1 question:

I noticed you can assign tabs to the fields so (as i have many fields) i created 3 tabs top, data and admin and went on to assign a tab value to each field - not a problem.

My problem is when i go to the view it doesnt look any different and there is no mention of tabs... i was really looking forward to using this feature as my data is too long for the screen.

Can anyone tell me if i'm doing anything wrong... i checked the user manual and i can't see that i've made any errors.

Thanks
Rob
it's ok

i realise what's happened.

If you have too many columns on the view the EDIT column dissapears so you are not able to edit any data and it's on the EDIT SUBMISSION page that you can use the TABS.

Now i have reduced the about of columns on the view it is all ok but if an administrator is reading this is an easy mistake to make... i spent hours trying to wok out where the link is to edit form data and finally when clicking an image on the tutorials i was able to enlarge the photo and see the EDIT column that i was missing all along.

Lucky for me finding the edit column also sorted out my TABS problem too.

RE: Using Tabs with Views - Ben - Jun 26th, 2011

Hi Rob,

Sorry about this. I fixed it in 2.1.0 - the page width just expands as required & doesn't get cut off.

Glad you got it sorted out though!

- Ben

RE: Using Tabs with Views - carpet-cleaning - Jun 26th, 2011

(Jun 26th, 2011, 2:54 AM)Ben Wrote: Hi Rob,

Sorry about this. I fixed it in 2.1.0 - the page width just expands as required & doesn't get cut off.

Glad you got it sorted out though!

- Ben

Oh no! - i flipped a coin to choose a download version and the beta version lost lol ( i had so much php, html and java script to write on the new site - secretly, i was happy to go with the current build of form tools).

Anyway Ben, the site works great and form tools is at the heart of it all. It's a fantastic script and there is no way i could create a fully functioning customer focussed site so quickly without form tools.

My customers now get a free quote emailed to them and a text message to their phone.

I get instant feed back and a copy of all quotes and bookings sent to my inbox and phone (cool when i'm on the road because it means i can try to close a deal instantly rather than waiting till i get back to a computer and lose it to a competitor).

I'm very excited about the improvements - brilliant stuff.

Thanks
Rob