The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Form Tools
Database Setup - Printable Version

+- Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org)
+-- Forum: Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Installation (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Database Setup (/showthread.php?tid=1552)

Database Setup - andrewtullar - Aug 22nd, 2011

Total noob here, learning as I go. Basic knowledge of html and css - enough to build my site and get it online.

I'm trying to set up a form for my website using the form tools tutorial, but with my domain destination set to the form_tools/formtools folder to enable setup using the online form tools walkthrough instructions, I can't access my root homepage (where my form is located) to enter my form data for the test submission required by step 3 of the setup tutorial.

Also confused by the request for the form URL. My form is on my homepage. Is that the url I should be using, i.e., "mywebsite.com"?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Database Setup - Ben - Aug 23rd, 2011

Hi Andrew,

Sorry for the wait!

Quote:but with my domain destination set to the form_tools/formtools folder to enable setup using the online form tools walkthrough instructions, I can't access my root homepage (where my form is located) to enter my form data for the test submission required by step 3 of the setup tutorial.

I don't quite follow... you mean you can't actually edit your homepage, or it can't be accessed at the moment because it's not live or something? The domain of your site doesn't need to point to the Form Tools folder, if that's what you mean...! The domain should point to whatever root is appropriate for your site. Sorry if I'm not following, maybe.

Quote:Also confused by the request for the form URL. My form is on my homepage. Is that the url I should be using, i.e., "mywebsite.com"?

Yup! But do include the full URL (i.e. include the http bit): http://mywebsite.com

- Ben

RE: Database Setup - andrewtullar - Aug 25th, 2011

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to clarify re: the destination issue.

First, in case it matters, I am trying to add a POST form and am using Safari.

THE PROBLEM, PUT QUITE SIMPLY
After logging in to the Form Tools website, I don't know how to find the "forms page" (the webpage with green masthead, instead of the blue). The tutorial for "adding a POST form" just says, "So! First step is to log into Form Tools and go to the Forms page." There's a nice graphic showing the (green masthead) page I am looking for, but I have no idea how to get there. Don't see any links to it.

MORE (COMPLICATED) STUFF ABOUT THE PROBLEM
Before, when I had my domain destination set to my site's form_tools/formtools folder, I somehow managed to find my way to the "forms page" to create a form, but can't recall how exactly.

Now that I've set my domain destination to the root (like normal), when I try to reload/reopen those green masthead pages I used before, clicking on them in my web history, I get an error message and the page won't load. The url I'm trying to reload (the one that worked when my domain destination was set to form_tools/formtools) is http://nameofmysite.com/admin/forms/add/step3.php?form_id=1.

I guess what I need is to be able to access the forms page and the rest of those green masthead pages - without changing my domain destination.

Hope this made some sense. Again, thanks for your help.

RE: Database Setup - Ben - Aug 26th, 2011

Hi Andrew,

Quote:After logging in to the Form Tools website, I don't know how to find the "forms page" (the webpage with green masthead, instead of the blue). The tutorial for "adding a POST form" just says, "So! First step is to log into Form Tools and go to the Forms page." There's a nice graphic showing the (green masthead) page I am looking for, but I have no idea how to get there. Don't see any links to it.

Hmm... bit of confusion here! So Form Tools is an application that you need to install on your own website. Once it's installed, you'll know the login URL (because it's where you installed it!). I can't provide links to the login URL on this site (formtools.org) because it's different for everyone who installs it.

Regarding your current problem, if I were you, I'd do a fresh installation of Form Tools on your site. You could certainly tweak your old installation so the paths and URLs are correct, but I think it would just create more confusion. Better to just do a new installation and start anew. Delete the old installation and re-install.
http://docs.formtools.org/installation/

Good luck!

- Ben

RE: Database Setup - andrewtullar - Aug 26th, 2011

That was the trick. When all else fails (or even well before), reset.

Thank you so much!

set up - ddettore - Dec 22nd, 2011

OK I have done all the steps - can anyone help me find the form I'm suppoded to go to and then how to go live etc - where is the form I create - I don't remember naming it anything? where do I find name if I did

RE: Database Setup - Ben - Dec 23rd, 2011

Hi ddettore, I responded to your other 2 posts.

- Ben