The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Form Tools
Update link not working? - Printable Version

+- Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org)
+-- Forum: Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Update link not working? (/showthread.php?tid=1653)

Update link not working? - Ben - Sep 23rd, 2011

In case your "update" link in the admin section isn't working, it may be due to this.

If the URL for the page you're on reads www.yoursite.com/..., but the value in your /global/config.php was yoursite.com (no www) - or vice-versa - it can prevent the Ajax request working to redirect you to upgrade.

This was noticed on a pre-jQuery version of the script, but it may well still hold.

- Ben

RE: Update link not working? - frostyintrepid - Oct 10th, 2011

Hi Ben

I am running Formtools version 2.0.4 on a subdomain and have problems updating to the latest version when clicking on the update button.

It just shows the setup options have been updated.

RE: Update link not working? - Ben - Oct 11th, 2011

Hi Frosty,

Hmm... curious. So clicking the Update link updates the page?

Which theme are you using? I forget in which version, but the Update link should have moved to the top right of the page (in the default theme). It should appear on all pages.

Try this:
- going to a different page then clicking the link, or
- changing to the default theme (if you're not using it) and click it there.

The Update link uses javascript to submit your installation info to the upgrade script, so if there are any JS problems in the page, it won't work.

Let me know how it goes! If you still have trouble, feel free to email me at ben.keen@gmail.com and I'll look at it directly.

- Ben

RE: Update link not working? - frostyintrepid - Oct 24th, 2011

Hi Ben

Got the update link after changing to the default view.

However the site stopped working after updating the files. Will be sending you an email shortly.

(Oct 11th, 2011, 9:09 AM)Ben Wrote: Hi Frosty,

Hmm... curious. So clicking the Update link updates the page?

Which theme are you using? I forget in which version, but the Update link should have moved to the top right of the page (in the default theme). It should appear on all pages.

Try this:
- going to a different page then clicking the link, or
- changing to the default theme (if you're not using it) and click it there.

The Update link uses javascript to submit your installation info to the upgrade script, so if there are any JS problems in the page, it won't work.

Let me know how it goes! If you still have trouble, feel free to email me at ben.keen@gmail.com and I'll look at it directly.

- Ben

RE: Update link not working? - Ben - Oct 24th, 2011

Hi Frosty,

What happened, exactly? Do you mean you did an upgrade and nothing worked? If so, try re-uploading all the files in the upgrade zipfile to your server. The most likely candidate is always that one or more of the files didn't get uploaded to your server properly.

Let me know how it goes.

- Ben

RE: Update link not working? (also other Buttons and FT versions) - HRZ_UniBi - Mar 8th, 2012

Hello Ben!

I have a "me too" case of this problem. It's not only the update button, it's most of the buttons. I try to use the "Database Integrity" module and after pressing "Test selected components" nothing happens. Other users have an equal problem with the export module. But when I switch to another theme everything works. Siwtching back to the default theme and the buttons stop working. I have a running version 2.0.6 and this problem made me thinking about fresh installation instead of upgrading (see my thread in the "Installation" forum). Is this a problem with the cache-folder?

With regards,

Peter.