The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Form Tools
Change Installation Folder or Location to Website Root - Printable Version

+- Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org)
+-- Forum: Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Installation (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Change Installation Folder or Location to Website Root (/showthread.php?tid=2022)

Change Installation Folder or Location to Website Root - seph - Jun 6th, 2012

Hello.
I want to set up a stand alone website for Form Tools and install the files into the root of the website instead of a subfolder - ../formtools. I have problems when I try this. It works if I put it in the default subfolder but not when I install files into root of website. I am on a Windows server and I do not have permission issues. Thanks for your help.

RE: Change Installation Folder or Location to Website Root - michatmaster7 - Jun 7th, 2012

While I haven't tried that (or remember hearing about anyone trying that), it seems like it should work without a hitch. What problems exactly, are you having?

RE: Change Installation Folder or Location to Website Root - seph - Jun 7th, 2012

It gives an error that seems to be common for people. Let me premise this by saying I really don't think it is a permissions issue. This is my server and for the sake of testing and set up I have given the "Everyone" group read & write permissions on all folders in this site. I think the problem has to do with the root directory value. This is the error when I do not have the files in a subfolder (/formtools). As I mentioned, I don't get this error when I put the files in a subfolder using the same permissions across the board.

Either the theme cache folder doesn't have write-permissions, or your $g_root_dir value is invalid. Please update the /themes//cache to have full read-write permissions

(Jun 7th, 2012, 11:12 AM)michatmaster7 Wrote: While I haven't tried that (or remember hearing about anyone trying that), it seems like it should work without a hitch. What problems exactly, are you having?

RE: Change Installation Folder or Location to Website Root - michatmaster7 - Jun 7th, 2012

You need to update the \global\config.php file with the appropriate information. I hope that helps! It probably got confused when you tried to put the installation at the root.
PS - the config.php file I mentioned is one of very few that NEVER get overwritten during updates. Ben leaves that file alone, so you don't have to keep changing it.

RE: Change Installation Folder or Location to Website Root - seph - Jun 7th, 2012

No such file in that folder. I am using the newest version. I just downloaded again, unzipped and there is no file by that name in the "global" folder.
Maybe it's been moved or renamed?

(Jun 7th, 2012, 11:50 AM)michatmaster7 Wrote: You need to update the \global\config.php file with the appropriate information. I hope that helps! It probably got confused when you tried to put the installation at the root.
PS - the config.php file I mentioned is one of very few that NEVER get overwritten during updates. Ben leaves that file alone, so you don't have to keep changing it.

Um.....
Ah ha, here's more info about it: http://docs.formtools.org/userdoc2_1/?page=config_file
(Jun 7th, 2012, 11:25 AM)seph Wrote: Either the theme cache folder doesn't have write-permissions, or your $g_root_dir value is invalid. Please update the /themes//cache to have full read-write permissions

Are you using a Windows Server? Something about that error message doesn't settle well. Why are there two backslashes there? Was that you mistyping it or??

Awesome! Thanks! I started the setup process so that it would create the config.php file, I then moved all of the files into the root of the website and made changes to the config.php file to show updated paths for root of website. 5 Stars for you!
Also, to answer the add-on questions... Yes I am using a Windows server and no, there were no typos. Here is what my config file looks like with updated (but privacy adjusted) paths...
$g_root_url = "http://forms.com";
$g_root_dir = "C:\\wwwroot\\forms.com\\";

(Jun 7th, 2012, 12:11 PM)michatmaster7 Wrote: Um.....
Ah ha, here's more info about it: http://docs.formtools.org/userdoc2_1/?page=config_file
(Jun 7th, 2012, 11:25 AM)seph Wrote: Either the theme cache folder doesn't have write-permissions, or your $g_root_dir value is invalid. Please update the /themes//cache to have full read-write permissions

Are you using a Windows Server? Something about that error message doesn't settle well. Why are there two backslashes there? Was that you mistyping it or??

YAY! I'm so glad it works! So the trick that worked was:

1) install normally in some folder of the website
2) go through the initial installation process
3) move the installation back to the root of the web
4) edit the \global\config.php file

Yes? I'm so happy it worked out!

Yes, that's it!
I just did a small edit to your steps to show the default folder for initial installation.

(Jun 7th, 2012, 12:42 PM)michatmaster7 Wrote: YAY! I'm so glad it works! So the trick that worked was:

1) install normally in "/formtools" folder of the website
2) go through the initial installation process
3) move the installation back to the root of the web
4) edit the \global\config.php file

Yes? I'm so happy it worked out!

RE: Change Installation Folder or Location to Website Root - Woodsey - Jul 2nd, 2012

I've been using formtools without issue for years, and this morning I tried to log in, and received the following message:

"Either the theme cache folder doesn't have write-permissions, or your $g_root_dir value is invalid. Please update the /nfs/.../formtools/themes/default/cache to have full read-write permissions (777 on unix)."

(The ellipsis are taking the place of part of the path.) I've not made any changes recently; in fact I haven't even logged into the database for weeks. I checked the permissions on the cache folder... they're set correctly. I think the directory is correct, since I've never messed with that file.

I'm not an expert in programming... at all.

I was considering re-installing, but I was concerned that I might lose the database.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!