The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Form Tools
Allow user to save their form and view/complete later. - Printable Version

+- Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org)
+-- Forum: Modules / Other (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Modules (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Allow user to save their form and view/complete later. (/showthread.php?tid=4769)

Allow user to save their form and view/complete later. - mwdcmatt - Nov 10th, 2014

Good Afternoon,

I have a rather complicated request and I was hoping someone could at least point me in the best direction.
I am looking for a method to allow a user to save their form so that if for some reason they lose their connection at any time they can log back in and pick up right where they left off.
Ideally, I could use a function that allows the user to log in, see all the forms that are available to fill out for them, and then they could save their work as they go and modify any of their previous forms if need be.

I do know that I can create client accounts where the user can see the forms but this will allow them to see any form I have assigned to them in the past. I do not want them to be able to see other users forms.

A perfect scenario would be, the user logs in, see all of the forms available to them and can also view their forms submitted in the past. They can then choose to start a new form and if need be they can save their spot in the form and log back in to finish said form.

Geeze, I understand this is a tall order but I do have experience with PHP and SQL which I am sure this request would require.If anyone has any suggestions or help, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for reading.
-Matt

RE: Allow user to save their form and view/complete later. - Joe - Nov 11th, 2014

Hey Matt,

You should take a look at the Submission Account module: http://modules.formtools.org/submission_accounts/

This will enable you to convert your submission into a user account. It's best for multi-form setup, data will be saved after a submission. They can log back in and continue where they left off as long as they've submitted the data from the form where they left off.

Cheers,

Joe

RE: Allow user to save their form and view/complete later. - mwdcmatt - Nov 12th, 2014

What if the user has to submit that form multiple times a week?

Scenario:

DailyForm (Monday's Form)
-User opens a form and puts their login and password in for submission accounts to recognize. Username = user password = 1234
-They hit continue.
-They log out of their browser and then want to log into where they left off on the form.
-They type in username:user password 1234
-They are brought to where they last left off.

DailyForm (Tuesday's Form)
-User opens a form and puts their login and password in for submission accounts to recognize. Username = user Password = 1234
-They hit continue
-They log out of their browser and then want to log into where they left off on the form for the new day.
-They type in username:user password 1234
-They are brought back to where they left off on Monday's form when they saved it.

Do you have any recommendations for this?

The only thing I can think of so far is to clear the record of the user logging in for that day on their form so they aren't brought back to it.

Thanks
-Matt