The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expanding Form Submission Column Views
I am looking to expand the way a general user can view form submissions on their screen. With the older version of FT1 the user
could view all the content contained in each column by scrolling across their screen.

But with FT2 I notice the column width has been reduced and cuts off a portion of the data in each field rather than displaying the full amount of data. This creates a problem for a general user because they have to open and view each submission seperately in order to see details for a particular, commonly viewed field.

Is there a way it can be modified to the same viewing capabilities that FT1 had?

Really appreciate any response and help on this one!
Hi jacoblang,

Thanks for the post!

The default themes don't allow for this. Having to scroll the page to the right to see all the data always seemed a bit of a hack to me - but I suppose with modern screen widths (mine's 1680, I think...) I should probably account for this.

What you can do is create a new theme and edit that page / CSS to remove the restrictions. It's not ideal, but it's definitely a valid solution. Here's some info on creating themes (it's really easy!):
http://docs.formtools.org/theme_developm...eate_theme

Good luck, and sorry I didn't have a quick fix.

- Ben
Did you ever fix this in the themes or in another way? I am hitting the same problem. My “Title” field in column view is too narrow, whereas another column has space to spare.
I was actually just working in this issue. I managed to get the page to size to 1024 width,
hoping that would expand the column fields, but no love.
what I'm finding odd with this is that the column with the least data in it is the widest,
while the one that stores the submitters' name is the smallest.
I'm going to continue to edit the .tpl's until I find a column size % that both holds/displays the data
and shows the entire contents of the fields.
Maybe even a text wrap to leave the column widths the same, and just increase height would suffice.
I'll re-post tomorrow with my findings.
(I have had these similar issues in the past with smarty templates, just can't remember what fixed it)

//Start Edit to add info
I forgot to mention too, when working with smarty .tpl files, in order to see one or more changes on refresh/reload, you need to delete the files in the cache (except empty_file.txt) folders for both the template you are using AND the default template. Path_to: /%webroot%/themes/default and /%webroot%/themes/[YourTemplateName]
Hope this helps
//Edit
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll keep digging as well and post if I achieve anything. But for me it’s only a minor annoyance.
Hey guys,

Just to follow up on this. There's some JS code running on that page the adds ellipses (...) to truncate long strings, to help squish all the content into a unwrapped table. The problem is that it doesn't do it's job well enough - table columns do end up appearing as inappropriately small or large sometimes, depending on your data set.

I'm going to log this as a bug. I actually agree with Buttons - I find it a minor annoyance rather than anything else, but it really should be fixed. The problem is that it's not actually that SIMPLE to fix! I'm wondering if perhaps I should provide a separate page for fine-tuning the appearance of the page: i.e. be able to specify column widths and number of chars before (server-side) ellipsis truncation. But this seems like a lot of work for such a small thing though...

hmm, tricky one.

- Ben
tricky one as I'm sure it does its job well 99% of the time without us noticing

I commented out the code inside the function "ellipsis" to disable it for the submissions I was working on

version 2.0.4, it was found in global/scripts/general.js
Just a heads up: I'm removing the ellipsis code in the next release and I'll find a better way to do it with jQuery. This problem drives me barmy as well...!

Ideally, I'd like to be able to drag the column headings to resize them (for the current user only), but I'm not sure how tricky that will prove.

- Ben