The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird new file upload problem...
I just had to make a new form that accepts file uploads, and I've run into a weird problem...

The new form is designed to accept a few additional filetypes: mp3, mp4, wav, acc, and aiff.

I configured the Files settings accordingly, upped the max file upload size limit in the php.ini to 20MB, etc.

But, for the life of me, I cannot get the form to accept file uploads of any of the new filetypes.

It does, however, accept file uploads of filetypes that other, older forms on my server accept, such as .docx files.

To check to see if it's filesize-related, I tried renaming an 8MB .mp3 file to .docx and uploading that. Sure enough, it wouldn't accept that upload...but it'll accept smaller (the one I tried was 15KB) .docx files just fine.

So, it seems to be filesize-related, despite the fact that I edited the php.ini file to allow 20MB uploads and FormTools' Files settings says "php.ini max allowed file upload size: 20 MB" and I have selected "20MB" from the Max File Size dropdown.

I also tried renaming the 15KB .docx test file to a .mp3 file and that uploaded just fine, so it definitely seems to be filesize-related and not filetype-related.

On a lark, I checked out the Database Integrity module just to make sure nothing was going awry with that, and it is reporting that the Form Tools Core component in the Table Verification portion of the module has failed, despite me just upgrading it to v2.0.9. Now, I don't know if this error is related to the file upload issues, but I figured I'd report it just in case. The error message I'm getting in the Database Integrity module isn't very helpful: "FORM TOOLS CORE - missing table: "

Anyway...any idea what might be going on? Is there something else that needs to go in php.ini in order to make the uploads work properly for larger filesizes?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,
And, I have figured out all my issues.

First, on the php.ini filesize upload issue, it turns out that there are two lines that need to be added/adjusted in the php.ini to make the larger file upload work:

upload_max_filesize = 20M
post_max_size = 20M

I had only done the first (upload_max_filesize).

Once I did both, everything worked fine.

Then, I discovered in a different thread in these forums that you have replaced the Database Integrity module with a System Check module, so I downloaded and installed that and used it to check/fix everything.

So, consider this entire thread "closed", as everything is now solved.

Thanks, as always, for such a wonderfully robust tool.