The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 871 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.15 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 871 errorHandler->error

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving multiple page forms midstream
Ben,

I reviewed this post at http://forums.formtools.org/showthread.php?tid=225 and should work fine for me. However, if a user wants to save the form say, after the first page, and I know that Formtools saves each page as it moves from one to the other, what would you suggest in terms of user interface to allow the user to save the current data and exit the form, but be able to come back later and complete it?

When the user clicks on the NEXT button to go to the next page, the data is saved so could I add a SAVE button that simply saves the data from the currently filled out form page and then exits to a thankyou page that also gives them instructions about how to log back in an complete their submission. Is there an API call that allows that sort of thing? Also, can I call different thank you pages at different stages?

This should also work on forms that are all on a single page but simply have sections hidden or shown using javascript ... yes?

I know this might be beyond the current API but maybe not. As always Ben, your input is much appreciated.

Dave

Messages In This Thread
Saving multiple page forms midstream - by filch - Oct 17th, 2011, 1:54 PM
RE: Saving multiple page forms midstream - by Ben - Oct 17th, 2011, 9:46 PM
RE: Saving multiple page forms midstream - by filch - Oct 17th, 2011, 9:49 PM
RE: Saving multiple page forms midstream - by filch - Oct 18th, 2011, 7:31 AM
RE: Saving multiple page forms midstream - by filch - Feb 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
RE: Saving multiple page forms midstream - by Ben - Mar 2nd, 2012, 12:15 AM
RE: Saving multiple page forms midstream - by filch - Mar 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM