FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compatibility to PHP 7
Sad 
I tried to install Form Tools on a server running PHP 7.0.7.
When I try to access the page I just get a blank white page. No error is displayed or logged to the error log of Apache.
When I switch back to PHP 5.6 everything works fine, without changing anything else.

Can FormTools be changed to be run on PHP 7?
I am sorry that I can not file a bug report, but when I try it, there comes a licence error :-(
The issue comes from the change in the way PHP7 executes its MySQL calls. Currently Form Tools would not be compatible with PHP7. Fortunately PHP5 will continue to receive security updates for 3 more years.

(Jun 3rd, 2016, 2:17 AM)HonkXL Wrote: I tried to install Form Tools on a server running PHP 7.0.7.
When I try to access the page I just get a blank white page. No error is displayed or logged to the error log of Apache.
When I switch back to PHP 5.6 everything works fine, without changing anything else.

Can FormTools be changed to be run on PHP 7?
I am sorry that I can not file a bug report, but when I try it, there comes a licence error :-(
Will there be any update of FormTools to get compatibility to PHP7? I have changed all my Webapps to PHP7 and up to now, only FormTools needs PHP 5.
When I try to access the mywebpagename.com/formtools/install/ page I just get a blank white page.

I was running PHP 7 so I changed it back to 5.6 but I am still getting a blank white screen.

I also changed the permissions on the /themes/default/cache folder to 777 everything set to read/write on my remote site.

I am on a MAC PRO - OS X EI Capitan v10.11.6.

Is there anything else I can try?
(Dec 7th, 2016, 10:11 AM)sylviamc Wrote: When I try to access the mywebpagename.com/formtools/install/ page I just get a blank white page.

I was running PHP 7 so I changed it back to 5.6 but I am still getting a blank white screen.

I also changed the permissions on the /themes/default/cache folder to 777 everything set to read/write on my remote site.

So after changing my php from 7.0 to 5.6. I realized I also needed to change my sql from 5.6 down to 4. Unfortunately my service provider won't do this because it is too unsecured. So I have decided to uninstall Formtools. Too bad you guys don't keep your software up to date. I was looking forward to working with it.

(Dec 7th, 2016, 11:12 AM)sylviamc Wrote:
(Dec 7th, 2016, 10:11 AM)sylviamc Wrote: When I try to access the mywebpagename.com/formtools/install/ page I just get a blank white page.

Not sure why you would have to go all the way down to PHP4, the latest version of PHP5 runs it just fine.

This is the current version I am running on:

Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.6.24\php.ini

Paul

So after changing my php from 7.0 to 5.6. I realized I also needed to change my sql from 5.6 down to 4. Unfortunately my service provider won't do this because it is too unsecured. So I have decided to uninstall Formtools. Too bad you guys don't keep your software up to date. I was looking forward to working with it.

Hello! I'm new and I'm interested in such questions. I esteem your opinions, I think it will come in handy.
This is a big, big problem for me too!! I had to change to PHP 7 because of several critical plugins i use in my Wordpress site and now i cannot use Formtools anymore, which i use for storing all my clients and their data that gets imported into my site with another plugin.... Is there a safe way to migrate formtools with the database to another server??
FT3 already use php7. If you want to stay with FT2, use a secondary host with php5.6 and link the DB.
Nelson Costa.