The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 488 - File: inc/db_mysqli.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/db_mysqli.php 488 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 722 DB_MySQLi->fetch_field
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Critical problem
Hi,

I would like to congratulate the authors of FT. It's one of the best scripts I've ever played with.

However using it, I have a strange problem.

I've just installed FT without any problems and created the first blank form. When I try to add a submission trough the form, no matter what I've typed in the fields their value is recorded as NULL in the DB. And after hitting the button "add" the form adds two identical records with consecutive IDs and blank other fields.

The only fields which are populated correctly are the system ones - submission_id, subbission_date, last_modified_date, ip_address and is_finalized. Everything other is NULL.

I've reinstalled the script several times.

I'll appreciate any help to solve the problem.

Best regards!
Hi again,

Connected to the above mentioned problem it might not be a problem of the script but in my logic. Obviously when the user hits ADD button on the submissions view page they create a new submission and they are redirected to the edit page for this new submission (which is already saved). After filling down the fields should be pressed UPDATE button to save the values. By pressing the ADD button the user automatically save the present submission (no matter if there are some required fields left blank) and create a new blank submission.
That's the way the script works here.

Because it's a little bit confusing for me, I suppose it would be the same for a part of the clients. To overcome it I would like to ask how I could remove the ADD button from the edit submission page and in this way to force the client to hit UPDATE button. - SOLVED - edit_submission.tpl in themes\default\clients\forms

And one more question which is important for me...
I've searched throughout the whole forum and documentation but I couldn't find out how to set the client ID into a hidden field in a form.

I need it to be able to limit the clients to be capable to view, edit and delete only their own submissions. I saw the solutions which had been proposed by Ben such including non editable or hidden field with some string and creating separate views for all the clients using the standard filters.
However if we have more forms and more clients I think it wouldn't be the optimal choice. It would be better the hidden field to be set to obtain the client id and the client map filter to be used. In that way we would be able to create only one view for every "category" of clients and limit them to work only with their own submissions. But unfortunately I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks all who were patient enough to read my boring post.

Best regards
Yavor
Hi Yavor,

I *am* sorry for not responding sooner. There's been a pretty bad error identified, so all my time has been devoted to researching it and figuring out a solution. Not fixed yet, but it's en route.

Reg: the "Add" button behaviour. You're the second person to mention this not being intuitive, so don't feel bad! How would you imagine the "Add button" to work? What exactly would happen?

Regarding the Client-Map filters, I think I'm going to have to really write a tutorial to explain how that can be used. You checked out the doc, I assume?
http://docs.formtools.org/userdoc2_1/?pa...ap_filters

Unfortunately I won't have time to work on that for a while.

Sorry about that...

- Ben
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply. I am pretty sure you'll find the best solution and will fix the bad error.

What did I notice...

Case 1.
When you are on the submissions list view there is an Add button. Now when the client hits it they create a new submission and are redirected to the submission edit page. Lets assume the form has some required fields that shouldn't be left blank but the client suddenly decides to leave the page let's say to check something else on the site (no matter what). In this case the submission is saved with all the fields blank or partially filled.

Case 2.
The client wants to add a new submission. They hit the add button and they are redirected to the submission edit page and the submission already has been created but the client doesn’t know it. They fill in the fields and start looking where to hit to add the record. For them the record hasn’t been created yet and the option to hit the update button doesn’t sound as a logic one. More likely they would choose to hit the Add button to save their information, but then actually they save the current record and create a new one – blank. For them everything is OK and they navigate to some other page, but in this way they leave one more blank record in the database.

How have I solved the issue? I've removed the Add button from the submission edit page (in the template file) and renamed the Update button to SAVE button. Of course it's not the best solution because the problem when the client leaves the page remains.

In my opinion it would be more intuitive if when the client hits the Add button on the submissions list view not to create a new record but to be redirected to the blank form (the record hasn't been created yet). There they should have buttons let’s say “SAVE” and “CANCEL”. Then they know – when hit Save they’ll create the record (and the fields check will be performed). When they hit cancel or leave the page they won’t leave a record with blank fields.

The buttons Update and Delete should appear only on the submission edit page (connected to the edit icon on the submission list view page).

I might not be right but I think that it’s a little bit more intuitive procedure.

I would be very thankful if you would help me to solve my problem mentioned in my previous post. I need to set the system in a way that the clients are able to view, edit, delete only their own submissions.

Thank you for the link above! I’ve read the article and I think it would be a good solution. As far as I understand if I find a way to put the account id as a value in some field I would be able to set the client map filter in a way that the particular filed equals the account id. Then the issue should be solved I think.

If I’m on the right direction would you help me with a few words how to get the account id in one of the form fields? If not, would you propose the best solution in your opinion?

With my best regards,
Yavor
Hi Yavor,

Quote:In my opinion it would be more intuitive if when the client hits the Add button on the submissions list view not to create a new record but to be redirected to the blank form (the record hasn't been created yet). There they should have buttons let’s say “SAVE” and “CANCEL”.

Fair enough! But just so I'm clear: doesn't the message that appears after clicking the Add button ("The submission has been created. You may edit it below.") clearly indicate the submission has been created?

I agree, your suggested method is pretty clear too - I guess I'm just a little surprised there's any confusion at all, since that message should explain things right away.

Regarding your other question regarding the dropdown, the easiest solution is to simply hardcode the account IDs into the dropdown lists, like so:

Code:
<select name="account_id">
  <option value="2">Bob Jenkins</option>
  <option value="4">Tim Smith</option>
</select>

It's not great, since of course the list will change, but if you have a relatively fixed list it should suffice.

Alternatively, you could call the API in your page and then use a little PHP to generate the dropdown. Something like...

PHP Code:
$clients ft_get_client_list();
$options = array();
foreach (
$clients as $client_info)
{

$options[] = "<option value="{$client_info["account_id"]}">{$client_info["first_name"]} {$client_info["last_name"]}</option>";
}

echo 
"<select name=\"account_id\">" implode("\n"$options) . "</select>"

All the best -

Ben
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply.

I agree - the message "The submission has been created. You may edit it below." is clear enough for the client to understand that they have just created a new submission.
However when they navigate somewhere out of the form before filling the fields they leave a submission with empty fields despite the fields are required.

Regarding the question about the client info - thank you very much. I think it'll work for me.

Best regards,
Yavor
Quote:However when they navigate somewhere out of the form before filling the fields they leave a submission with empty fields despite the fields are required.

Ah.. gotcha. Yeah, you're quite right.

I'll keep this in mind when doing future updates to the Core. Thanks!

- Ben