The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 784 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 784 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't see installation page
Shocked 
I have formtools uploaded to an accessible directory on my server, per the instructions.

When I access the url, it forwards to /formtools/install. The browser is blank and there is no way to start the installation process.

I get the same results in Explorer and Firefox. The server is running Linux, the host is GoDaddy.

Any help with figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
You are leaving out important background information. Such as:

1. Are you already running PHP based programs on GoDaddy at this Domain URL?
2. If you are running PHP at this URL do you have a pre-existing .htaccess file in the main directory of this URL? (if so, what are the rules -- the lines -- in that file)?
3. Via the GoDaddy file Explorer or through your FTP program do you see all the files and the "files" and "templates" folders inside the /install folder?

I will start with those questions . . .
(Jun 15th, 2012, 5:28 AM)Question Guy Wrote: You are leaving out important background information. Such as:

2. If you are running PHP at this URL do you have a pre-existing .htaccess file in the main directory of this URL? (if so, what are the rules -- the lines -- in that file)?
3. Via the GoDaddy file Explorer or through your FTP program do you see all the files and the "files" and "templates" folders inside the /install folder?

Answers to your questions:

1: Yes, I am running php on the server.

2: I didn't set the hosting up and and I can't see the .htacces file in the root when I ftp. I'm calling GoDaddy now for more information.

3: Yes, all of the files and directories on the server seem to match.
(Jun 15th, 2012, 5:48 AM)Nashy Wrote:
(Jun 15th, 2012, 5:28 AM)Question Guy Wrote: You are leaving out important background information. Such as:

Answers to your questions:

1: Yes, I am running php on the server.

2: I didn't set the hosting up and and I can't see the .htacces file in the root when I ftp. I'm calling GoDaddy now for more information.

3: Yes, all of the files and directories on the server seem to match.

Update on #2: There is no .htaccess file on the server. What code/rules do I need in the file to activate formtools?
What PHP program are you running from directory home folder?
If you do not see an .htaccess file then I assume you are not running WordPress? And, if there were an .htaccess file then GoDaddy would throw up an error page, so, you don't need the .htaccess after all.

GoDaddy relies on php.ini files to accomplish what .htaccess files do on other Linux server setups.

Are you also saying that since you "didn't set the hosting up" that you do not have access to the actual GoDaddy management of this account? That you cannot login to the management panel to examine the settings?

Normally, if I recall GoDaddy, if it were a Permissions problem with the formtools/install folder then you would get not a blank page but an Error "You don't have permission to view this page" or something visible in the browser like that.

If you ask for the source code of the blank page is it completely blank of all html code?

If you FTP in then you should see a php.ini file, which is default Linux install for GoDaddy.

If you are intending to run PHP 5 for Form Tools then you may have to change the settings in the php.ini file and put it back in its place with the new settings.

To run php 5 then you must name this php.ini file this way: php5.ini

Supposedly setting up the GoDaddy account and specifying PHP 5 as the default version would create the php5.ini file. You should find it in the /html/ file path. There is a deeper path for the php.ini or php5.ini file but it cannot be reached by FTP.

If you simply install the .ini file in the root directory -- everything in the /html/ path, then it will still go into effect for enforcing PHP 5 to run as the default PHP version for this server account.

Some working settings for this file would be --

memory_limit = 64M
post_max_size = 64M
file_uploads = On
upload_max_filesize = 64M
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
register_globals = off
allow_url_fopen = off
expose_php = Off
max_input_time = 60
variables_order = "EGPCS"
extension_dir = ./
upload_tmp_dir = /tmp
precision = 12

If you don't know which version of PHP is running on the GoDaddy account then use a simple text editor to name a file phpinfo.php and upload it to the server, to the base directory so that you can type it into the browser
http://www.yoursite.com/phpinfo.php

the following code is what should be in that file, with no empty lines at the top of the file.

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
phpinfo();

?>

When you type that file into the browser after uploading it via FTP then in the long lines of information coming back it should show the PHP version.

I think you should make sure you are running PHP 5 for best results.

If not then you must ask GoDaddy tech support, if they will, for the Default PHP version to be set for PHP 5.
My goodness. Can you post the URL of your install? Or PVT it to me/ I'd like to take a look.
Not a FT employee, just a FT user lending a hand. If I've been helpful, please rate.

[Image: giraffe_long_85.gif]