FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuring Secured SMTP server
Rainbow 
Hello!

First of all, I have been using FormTools 1.x for a long time, and decided just today to move to version 2, and it's great!!

Congratulations to the author!

I would love to use the Swift Mailer extension, but my hosting provider only let me connect via SSL.

Is there any way to configure SMTP settings for a secured connection without modifying code?

If not, will be nice to have this feature implemented.

Thank you, and congratulations once again.
Hi xoxo,

Welcome to the forums! And I'm glad you chose to upgrade. :-)

This sounds like a very reasonable feature to add, so I don't mind working on it at all. It sounds like what's required is adding the additional encryption parameters when creating the Swift SMTP connection, as mentioned in their docs here:
http://swiftmailer.org/wikidocs/v3/swift...tp?s[]=ssl

Does that sounds about right to you? Let me know - I'll do a little digging and see if I can get it sorted out.

- Ben
Thank you for your prompt reply.

Seems enough to let the application asking if the connection is secure.

I have attached a screenshot of email settings needed in an email client (ex. gmail) to retrieve the emails.

Notice that with exactly the same settings, if I deactivate SSL, I'm getting exactly the same error as I'm getting now in FormTools:

Code:
There was a problem communicating with SMTP: The SMTP connection failed to start [mail.domain.com:995]: fsockopen returned Error Number 110 and Error String 'Connection timed out'

My programming knowledge is limited, so please let me know If I haven't explained myself clearly.

I can help you in testing, if you need to.

Thank you once again.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(Jul 4th, 2009, 10:56 AM)Ben Wrote: I'll do a little digging and see if I can get it sorted out.

Ben, some of the digging has been done in this thread:

http://forums.formtools.org/showthread.php?tid=129

Chuck
Chuck - brilliant, I just posted to your thread there. Excellent stuff.

xoxo - I'll play around with it today and see what I come up. Keep you posted.

- Ben
Nice! Thank you! :-)
xoxo - I have a new version available that lets you configure SSL through the module UI. However, I'm not sure it'll solve the current problem you're having, since I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

If possible, could I get access to debug the problem on your server first-hand? No worries if not, but let me know! Also - email me to get the latest version of the module (ben.keen@gmail.com); I haven't released it publicly yet.

- Ben
Thank you Ben, email sent. :-)
It seems like we are the same because I also love to use the Swift Mailer extension, but my hosting provider also only let me connect via SSL. However, I don't have an idea if is there any way to configure SMTP settings for a secured connection without modifying code?