The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failure to redirect to thank you page upon submission
williakj,

I don't know how much help I can be but I am the one that started this thread. The reason why I say this is because I have never used the direct form setup that is in Formtools, I have always had my own forms and used the API setup with little or no problem so there maybe something there; however, I see a couple of things that might be a problem. First, you stated that in the direct form process everything works fine but when you call up the form page by its URL directly typed into the address bar does it come up clean or do you still get the "white" or blank page. If the page has some sort of syntax problem, this can happen but if it comes up clean and proper, then it is in the process of it. Next, the line - require_once("/path/to/formtools/global/api/api.php"); -- needs to be modified to whereever the Formtools directory is in your server's directory. The part -- /formtools/global/api/api.php"); -- is generally correct if you did not modify the Formtools version when you uploaded it (by the way, the 2.6 version is current if not the latest version). The part of -- /path/to -- is what need addressing. That may be your processing problem. I have looked over your php header and all seems to be correct, so if you still get the same problem after looking into what I have mention, my suggestion would be to reload the form into the API side of Formtools. I see that you have the number 12 in your page header and if this is the number that was addressed to this form while in the direct mode, then this may be the conflict. So by reloading the form and obviously getting another number, then any crossreferrence should be eliminated but as I have stated, I have never done this so I cannot speak from experience. What I can say is that for the most part, the API setup, directions and manual are pretty much correct and if followed as stated, it does work and also gives you more options and control of the form and the processing of said form. With all of this said, I will leave you with "Good Luck" and I hope this works out for you.
Thanks for you reply, vlscottsr.

Yes, when I visit the form in a web browser everything is displayed properly. The path to api.php on my server is definitely correct since the form data submits into the Form Tools database without issue. (I edited my code so as to not display the actual path, sorry if that wasn't clear.)

I actually did re-create the form using the Add Form process within Form Tools. The new form id (12) works fine. It just doesn't redirect after the submit =/

I'll try your suggestion of re-creating the form again. Failing that, I'll upgrade Form Tools and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks.
williakj,

I'm sorry, I miss read your version number of Formtools. When you read the documentation, there are differences between the 2.0 versions and the 2.1 and higher versions. I thought you wrote that you had 2.6 instead I went back to re-read your post and I see that it is 2.0.6 so there may be something to it. If I am correct, there is some differences in the way the 2.0 or less versions process forms. All I can say about it is that an upgrade maybe the key -- wouldn't hurt at least. Again, Good Luck.
Williakj,

At a glance everything looks correct. The only odd issue I see is that in your code to pull in the api file the opening quote is a bit odd: require_once(“/path/to/formtools/global/api/api.php"); try using the regular " quote instead.

Cheers,

Joe

Hello,

I am having the same issue with my form submitting, but not directing to the thank you page, nor generating an email.

Here is the beginning code for the actual form:

<?php
require_once("../formtools/global/api/api.php");
/*Place initiation code here*/
$fields = ft_api_init_form_page(57);

$errors = array();
if (isset($_POST['submit']))
{
$rules = array();
$rules[] = "required,name,Please enter your full name.";
$rules[] = "required,phone,Please enter your phone number.";
$rules[] = "reg_exp,phone,^[01]?[- .]?\(?[2-9]\d{2}\)?[- .]?\d{3}[- .]?\d{4}$,Please enter a valid phone number.";
$rules[] = "required,email,Please enter an email address.";
$rules[] = "valid_email,email,Please enter a valid email address.";
$rules[] = "required,street,Please enter your street address.";
$rules[] = "required,city,Please enter your city.";
$rules[] = "required,state,Please enter your state.";
$rules[] = "required,zip,Please enter your zip code.";
$rules[] = "length=5,zip,Enter a 5 digit zip code.";
$rules[] = "digits_only,zip,Use only numbers for the zip code.";
$errors = validate_fields($_POST, $rules);

$params = array(
"submit_button" => "submit",
"next_page" => "extsvsthankyou.php",
"form_data" => $_POST,
"finalize" => true
);
ft_api_process_form($params);
}

Here is the beginning of the code for the thankyou.php page:

<?php
require_once("../formtools/global/api/api.php");
$fields = ft_api_init_form_page(57);
ft_api_clear_form_sessions(57);
?>

I have changed the "../formtools/global/api/api.php" to the full file name, and it generated an error. The form does submit, and I am able to see it, but the thank you page does not generate.

When I manually type in the url for the thank you page, it does generate the fields for the submitted form.

Please advise on what errors I should fix. I am using version 2.0.4 (will update soon).

-Nikki
I was also having the same problem on a previously working form. It would not direct to the thank you page after submission. After reading many post and spending many hours I fixed my very simple error. Here was my original code:

<html>
<head>
<?php
require_once("formtools/global/api/api.php");
$fields = ft_api_init_form_page(3);
$order = ft_api_show_submission_count(3);
$params = array(
"next_page" => "thankYou.php",
"form_data" => $_POST,
"finalize" => true
);
ft_api_clear_form_sessions();
?>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/formcCaculations.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/companyInfo.js"></script>
etc...

After I read the code should always be at the top of the page I change it to:

<?php
require_once("formtools/global/api/api.php");
$fields = ft_api_init_form_page(3);
$order = ft_api_show_submission_count(3);
$params = array(
"next_page" => "thankYou.php",
"form_data" => $_POST,
"finalize" => true
);
ft_api_clear_form_sessions();
?>
<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/formcCaculations.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/companyInfo.js"></script>
etc...

Simply moving the <html><head> tags below the php code fixed the problem for me. Hopefully it could be just as simply for some of you having the same problem. I guess I must have moved those tags during one of my edits (although I don't know why) as this was a working form.

One curious item: When testing this site on my local xampp server it didn't matter where the <head><head> tags were, it worked both ways. Only on the online live site does the order matter. Hope this helps..
Hey Bojacks,

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Joe
I'm having the same issue and I feel I have tried everything. I'm able to submit but no redirect to Thank you page or emails (swift). Other forms work well.

is it possible to have two form locations pointing to the same ID in formtools?