FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Form Tools 3 alpha available!
Well hello everyone! Long time no speak! 

This weekend I released a first version of Form Tools 3, which you can download here as an alpha. I wrote up a quick post about it yesterday, but thought I'd say a few more words here. Form Tools 3 is a complete rewrite of Form Tools - but on the surface, will appear virtually identical to Form Tools 2. I know that's not the most exciting of things in the world, but it was a necessary one. The one concrete improvement in FT3 is adding support for PHP7 (long overdue!) but having a cleaner, better organized codebase will be beneficial for years to come. 

In the short term, I'm focusing on the following:
  • updating each and every module and theme for FT3 support. Yesterday I fixed up the Classic Grey theme and today I was working on the System Check module. I'm expecting things to move a little faster now that that Core is in alpha.
  • fixing whatever bugs get spotted. 
  • fixing up these forums! Boy, this place needs a good clean up. Lots of poor styling - I'll see what I can do.
  • Bringing the upgrade script back online. 
Please use this forum for any questions/bugs relating to Form Tools 3. I'm going to do my best to monitor and respond. I know I haven't been the best at that, but I'm really going to try to devote a little time each day.

Thanks! 

Ben

Messages In This Thread
Form Tools 3 alpha available! - by Ben - Sep 17th, 2017, 5:38 PM
RE: Form Tools 3 alpha available! - by nelsondcosta - Sep 18th, 2017, 2:30 AM
RE: Form Tools 3 alpha available! - by Ben - Sep 18th, 2017, 7:59 PM
RE: Form Tools 3 alpha available! - by mjvmst - Sep 18th, 2017, 6:33 AM
RE: Form Tools 3 alpha available! - by Ben - Sep 18th, 2017, 8:03 PM
RE: Form Tools 3 alpha available! - by mjvmst - Sep 19th, 2017, 12:26 PM
RE: Form Tools 3 alpha available! - by Ben - Sep 19th, 2017, 8:02 PM
RE: Form Tools 3 alpha available! - by nelsondcosta - Sep 20th, 2017, 1:58 AM