The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding file uploads and also Captcha
With file uploads ... can the files be uploaded to a different web site other than the one the form resides in? (On the same server though) I have installed FormTools in a support site but the first form I am using it on is on the same server ... but a different web site. If I set the path and the url to the uploads folder to a folder in the same site as FormTools is installed ... it is fine. If I set it to the same site as the one the form is on ( all permissions are correct) ... it argues that the permissions are NOT correct. Can you enlighten me on this?

Also, with regards to the Captcha stuff, the docs seem to indicate that unless FormTools is installed on the site with the form that you want to add the Captcha to, it will not work .... is that correct?

Cheers

Dave
Hey Dave,

Sorry for not catching your post earlier. Did you have any luck figuring this stuff out?

Quote:With file uploads ... can the files be uploaded to a different web site other than the one the form resides in?

I've created and worked with plenty of forms that POST their content to another server, but I can't think of any time I've included a file with it... but I certainly don't see why you couldn't. Could you perhaps ask your hosting providers about this? I wonder if perhaps it's being prevented for security purposes.

Quote:Also, with regards to the Captcha stuff, the docs seem to indicate that unless FormTools is installed on the site with the form that you want to add the Captcha to, it will not work .... is that correct?

For the CAPTCHA, I believe that's correct - it's certainly correct for different servers (since the API and the CAPTCHA are PHP based & you can't include PHP from another server). However, you can certainly try it with two different sites on the same server. It may be the case that if you can run PHP on one site from the other, it may work. But I suspect you'll run into problems.

- Ben

That said, you may be able to get it going if you're on the same server... I can't think offhand whether r not
Hi Ben,

(Jan 16th, 2010, 11:04 AM)Ben Wrote: Hey Dave,

Sorry for not catching your post earlier. Did you have any luck figuring this stuff out?

Not yet. I am going to look at it again tomorrow.

Quote:With file uploads ... can the files be uploaded to a different web site other than the one the form resides in?

I've created and worked with plenty of forms that POST their content to another server, but I can't think of any time I've included a file with it... but I certainly don't see why you couldn't. Could you perhaps ask your hosting providers about this? I wonder if perhaps it's being prevented for security purposes.

It is my server and so the answer is no, it is not being prevented for any kind of security.

Quote:Also, with regards to the Captcha stuff, the docs seem to indicate that unless FormTools is installed on the site with the form that you want to add the Captcha to, it will not work .... is that correct?

For the CAPTCHA, I believe that's correct - it's certainly correct for different servers (since the API and the CAPTCHA are PHP based & you can't include PHP from another server). However, you can certainly try it with two different sites on the same server. It may be the case that if you can run PHP on one site from the other, it may work. But I suspect you'll run into problems.

So, the normal use of FormTools is to install a copy in every site you want to use it to control and manage forms?

Dave
Hey Dave,

Quote:So, the normal use of FormTools is to install a copy in every site you want to use it to control and manage forms?

For me, no. I use it to manage forms on multiple sites - but most of the forms I use are just direct submit forms. But people who needed API forms they'll be stuck with installing it on each site. Not great, I agree. But unfortunately, there's really no way around it - the API directly connects with the FT database, which couldn't be done remotely (at least, not easily without implementing some sort of web service or something...).

But with regard to file uploads, this actually shouldn't be a problem. I just tried uploading a form from one site to a Torm Tools installation on another site and it was submitted fine.

- Ben
Hey Ben,

I asked this under new features but thought I would ask it here as it directly relates: any way to implement a progress bar into the file upload function? Ever thought of using Perl for this function to get around the file size restrictions of PHP?

Dave

(Jan 18th, 2010, 11:13 AM)Ben Wrote: Hey Dave,

Quote:So, the normal use of FormTools is to install a copy in every site you want to use it to control and manage forms?

For me, no. I use it to manage forms on multiple sites - but most of the forms I use are just direct submit forms. But people who needed API forms they'll be stuck with installing it on each site. Not great, I agree. But unfortunately, there's really no way around it - the API directly connects with the FT database, which couldn't be done remotely (at least, not easily without implementing some sort of web service or something...).

But with regard to file uploads, this actually shouldn't be a problem. I just tried uploading a form from one site to a Torm Tools installation on another site and it was submitted fine.

- Ben
Quote:any way to implement a progress bar into the file upload function?

Good question. I've never done that myself; presumably you'd need a way to send snippets of info back to the client to give it an idea of how much of the file is left to upload. But I don't know much about it, sorry.

Quote:Ever thought of using Perl for this function to get around the file size restrictions of PHP?

Not really. The PHP restrictions are all configurable, but of course it all depends on your hosting environment as to how large a file may be uploaded. I think I'll keep FT just with PHP though, and not move into Perl or other languages.

All the best -

Ben
(Mar 22nd, 2010, 7:22 PM)Ben Wrote:
Quote:any way to implement a progress bar into the file upload function?

Good question. I've never done that myself; presumably you'd need a way to send snippets of info back to the client to give it an idea of how much of the file is left to upload. But I don't know much about it, sorry.

Yeah, the problem with this is that, if it is a large file, and by large I mean even a file of 50 - 75 mb, if there is no indication as to what is going on, the user most often gets confused and tries to submit again or simply gives up thinking the connection was lost. That is why some sort of indication as to the progress of the upload is extremely helpful.

Quote:Ever thought of using Perl for this function to get around the file size restrictions of PHP?

Not really. The PHP restrictions are all configurable, but of course it all depends on your hosting environment as to how large a file may be uploaded. I think I'll keep FT just with PHP though, and not move into Perl or other languages.

Well the real problem here is memory usage. I you are trying to upload very large files, in the range of say 250 -600 mb, You need to set the php.ini to a much higher amount than normal, and as well, the amount of memory which will be allowed to be used. Unless you own your own servers like I do, this most likely will not happen. Perl is much better at handling file uploads ( up to 2 Gb) and memory usage. That being said, I guess that this part is not really your main focus with formtools. It would really add significant functionality though ;-)

Dave

All the best -

Ben