The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And is Form Tools right for me too?
Hi

Having been a developer for a some time, I know it's all too easy to spend weeks building oneself into a corner in the vain hope a product does what one thought it did; so I thought I'd ask a few questions first!

I want to create a survey 'machine' on the following lines:

1. Users will need to register in order to participate
2. During the registration process I want to ask users a number of questions such as age, gender, civil status, number of children, phone number etc etc
3. I want to store that reg'n info and use it to invite (via their email) subsets of (registered.. not more spam!) people to take part in on-line surveys
4. I want to run several surveys a month. Each survey will have differing questions on it. The number of questions would be in the order of 20-25.
5. When they login to Form Tools to complete a survey, I want the survey to auto-complete the user's reg'n data into it i.e. age, gender, civil status, number of children, phone number etc…. this is so they do not have the onerous task of filling it all in again on every survey.
6. It goes without saying that I want to see the results of those surveys and to be able to sort them (say on gender then age then one or more of the specific questions in the particular survey).
7. Based on the results of the above sort, I want to be able to invite selected participants from a given survey to another 'event'
8. Hopefully, achieve all this without code.

All easy stuff… but is Form Tools the tool for me please?

Thanks
Hey Grahame,

I've addressed your questions below:

1. Users will need to register in order to participate
- Yes, this is possible with Form Tools.

2. During the registration process I want to ask users a number of questions such as age, gender, civil status, number of children, phone number etc etc

3. I want to store that reg'n info and use it to invite (via their email) subsets of (registered.. not more spam!) people to take part in on-line surveys
- Form Tools can send confirmation emails but can not manage email lists, that being said some users have integrated it with email list applications

4. I want to run several surveys a month. Each survey will have differing questions on it. The number of questions would be in the order of 20-25.

5. When they login to Form Tools to complete a survey, I want the survey to auto-complete the user's reg'n data into it i.e. age, gender, civil status, number of children, phone number etc…. this is so they do not have the onerous task of filling it all in again on every survey.
- Yes, this is possible with Form Tools for returning to a form however it will not pre-populate new surveys unless you customize the code.

6. It goes without saying that I want to see the results of those surveys and to be able to sort them (say on gender then age then one or more of the specific questions in the particular survey).
- You can create filters with the Views

7. Based on the results of the above sort, I want to be able to invite selected participants from a given survey to another 'event'
- Email management is not a Form Tools feature

8. Hopefully, achieve all this without code.
- You will need to customize the code to meet all your requirements.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Joe
Yes, it helps enormously thanks… I shall download this week and have a dabble… Cheers!
Have fun!

Cheers,

Joe