FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warning: mysql_real_escape_string()
I am receiving the following error when I submit the admin info at step 5 of the install (all previous four steps worked fine and all tables are created), any ideas?

[function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/.NAME/USER/testserver.DOMAIN.com/register/global/code/general.php on line 646

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/.NAME/USER/testserver.DOMAIN.com/register/global/code/general.php on line 646

The pair appears 7 times...then:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function validate_fields() in /home/.NAME/USER/testserver.DOMAIN.com/register/install/library.php on line 462
Deleted all DB tables and files from the server. Re-uploaded everything, ran the install script, and POW, everything worked this time!
Thanks for reporting the fix - I guess that just one or more of the files didn't get uploaded properly.

Be sure to post any problems you encounter in the forums! Smile

- Ben