The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't delete Email Template
Hello. Wanted to know if it is just me, or if the following might be a couple of lil' bugs:

1. I created 3 email templates - two going to Admin (Client) and one going to the User.

I did not want the first of the two Admin email templates, so I tried to delete it - it wouldn't delete with the "DELETE" button.

I did "Disable" the template first, but still no joy.

2. Upon searching through the forum here, for example if you want to send an HTML email to Client/Admin and a TEXT email to User, I learned you have to not use one or the other types of emails (Text or HTML) when you initally set up your email template.

I initially mistakenly entered data in both (in the "Configuration").

After I did this, I tried to change the type, but only found you could change in "Test" view (Text and HTML, Text, or HTML). *Then* I found a thread on how to do one for User and one type for Client (if desired) here: http://forums.formtools.org/showthread.p...d=42#pid42

So then, I tried to delete the text from the HTML (I wanted only Text going to the User), and delete the text from the Text one (I wanted only HTML going to the Client/Admin). Problem was, after I deleted the text in the appropriate areas, I get a blank email for each... blank where I'd deleted the text, even though the other one was filled. ???

I tried solving the problem by creating another email template and only filling one (i.e., the HTML area for Client and saving it), but then I now have two Admin templates and can't delete one (see problem #1 above).

Any suggestions for #1, #2, and/or both?

[And BTW, I do like the script... just taking a while to tweak and learn :-) ]
Hey!

Welcome to the forums!

Quote:1. I created 3 email templates - two going to Admin (Client) and one going to the User.
I did not want the first of the two Admin email templates, so I tried to delete it - it wouldn't delete with the "DELETE" button. I did "Disable" the template first, but still no joy.

Weird... did you see a popup saying "are you sure you want to delete this email template?"? If not, check your browser's javascript settings. Form Tools requires JS to be enabled at all times. What browser are you using, by the way?

For your second problem, I guess I'm a bit confused - it sounds like you puzzled it all through by creating two email templates (that's the right approach, by the way!) but just can't delete the email template. Let me know about the one above and we'll go from there!

- Ben
(Mar 19th, 2009, 3:19 PM)Ben Wrote: Hey!

Welcome to the forums!

Quote:1. I created 3 email templates - two going to Admin (Client) and one going to the User.
I did not want the first of the two Admin email templates, so I tried to delete it - it wouldn't delete with the "DELETE" button. I did "Disable" the template first, but still no joy.

Weird... did you see a popup saying "are you sure you want to delete this email template?"? If not, check your browser's javascript settings. Form Tools requires JS to be enabled at all times. What browser are you using, by the way?

For your second problem, I guess I'm a bit confused - it sounds like you puzzled it all through by creating two email templates (that's the right approach, by the way!) but just can't delete the email template. Let me know about the one above and we'll go from there!

- Ben

Hello, and thank you for the response.

To answer your question, no, there was no popup when I tried to click on the "Delete" button. Nothing happened. Java is running and enabled. I use IE6. HOWEVER, that said, I also have a stand-alone of FireFox, and when I opened that and duplicated my above efforts, I didn't have the problem - I got the "are you sure you want to delete this email template?", and was able to delete the one I wanted. So, apparently this is an issue only in the older IE6 brower.

I guess I should rename the title of this thread to: "Can't delete Email Template... in IE6". :-)

Thanks for the help in puzzling that one out. I didn't think of it being a silly browser problem. :-0

For Q#2, am still having that problem.
Ah, okay! An IE problem... can't say I'm terribly surprised!

I just installed IE8 last week and to my horror it's destroyed ALL IE versions running on my computer. Now none of them work. I'd found a script that allowed you to run 5.0, 5.5, 6 and 7.

Once I get it sorted out, I'll take a look at this problem. Thanks for that.

For the second problem, there *was* a problem in older releases that sent blank emails, but it has been solved in the latest version. Is your Form Tools Core up to date? To check, just click on the "Check for Updates" button in your Settings -> Main page. That'll let you upgrade whatever components have been updated since.

Also, after upgrading. Make sure you re-save your email templates before testing them again. I think it may be required to fix the problem.

Let me know if you still have trouble!

- Ben
(Mar 30th, 2009, 10:38 AM)Ben Wrote: Ah, okay! An IE problem... can't say I'm terribly surprised!

I just installed IE8 last week and to my horror it's destroyed ALL IE versions running on my computer. Now none of them work. I'd found a script that allowed you to run 5.0, 5.5, 6 and 7.

Once I get it sorted out, I'll take a look at this problem. Thanks for that.

For the second problem, there *was* a problem in older releases that sent blank emails, but it has been solved in the latest version. Is your Form Tools Core up to date? To check, just click on the "Check for Updates" button in your Settings -> Main page. That'll let you upgrade whatever components have been updated since.

Also, after upgrading. Make sure you re-save your email templates before testing them again. I think it may be required to fix the problem.

Let me know if you still have trouble!

- Ben

Hi. I did resolve this problem on both counts. I ran Firefox, opened and deleted the email templates that I couldn't delete in IE6 browser, then re-created the Admin template in HTML *only* and the User template in Text *only* and saved. Ran a test, and they both worked okay.

And I also made the mistake of downloading IE8... and had the same thing happen - it nuked all my versions too (including my standalone IE7!!!). I was peeved. You mentioned finding a script that allowed running previous versions... if you wouldn't mind, would you care to share that please? I *hate* the IE8, and can't find anywhere to get my system back to IE6 (when I try to do a MS download of it, it tells me my system is already running a current version and won't allow me to install it. Dang ol' Microsnot! PM would be okay if you don't think acceptable to place in forum here.)

Anyway, thank you very much for the tips and info on getting the problems squared away with my other issues. I did download and reupload some updates, and that appeared to solve it. I appreciate the help! :-)
Heya,

Here's that script I was running:
http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE

But it's pretty dated now.

I ended up fixing my IE problem by upgrading everything that Windows insisted upon. There was a big long list of "recommended updates" which I agreed to. IE8 is running smoothly now, but I haven't spent the time trying to get the other version up yet.

By the way, today's build of the Form Tools Core fixes the problem with deleting email templates on IE. Interesting problem, actually! For some reason, "page" is a reserved word in IE javascript; I was using it to namespace the functions on the page, but it confused the browser. There were a couple of other spots in the program that suffered from the same problem. All fixed now.

- Ben
(Apr 9th, 2009, 6:10 PM)Ben Wrote: Heya,

Here's that script I was running:
http://tredosoft.com/Multiple_IE

But it's pretty dated now.

I ended up fixing my IE problem by upgrading everything that Windows insisted upon. There was a big long list of "recommended updates" which I agreed to. IE8 is running smoothly now, but I haven't spent the time trying to get the other version up yet.

By the way, today's build of the Form Tools Core fixes the problem with deleting email templates on IE. Interesting problem, actually! For some reason, "page" is a reserved word in IE javascript; I was using it to namespace the functions on the page, but it confused the browser. There were a couple of other spots in the program that suffered from the same problem. All fixed now.

- Ben

Thank you for all the helpful info! It is greatly appreciated! :-)