The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
javascript dynamic field type unknown
newbie here.
I'm using javascript to dynamically generate price options for custom item (guitar) configurator.

FT finds the fields ok, but will not recognize the field types for any form entries in the javascript.
Example:

document.write("<input name=\"otheroptions\" type=\"radio\" value=\"" +
decallogo + "\" checked onClick=\"checkData()\"> Decal logo <br/>");

I got this form working fine without the javascript document.write(" stuff, so I'm confident everything else is in order. And I can't seem to manually add the field options and get them to work.

Here's the form, in case it helps:
http://www.rocketmusiconline.com/SuhrSta...uhrSCT.php

Is there any way I can get it to find the field options??
I'm so close !! Thanks for ANY help.

Dan
Rocket Music
Hi Dan,

Ah... so the problem is with the Add Form process itself? No, I don't think that will be able to populate the option values since they're dynamically generated.

One option would be to just forge ahead and finish the form. You can then manually add the form fields later. But this can be a real pain if there are dozens or hundreds of radio / checkbox / dropdown field options.

A second option is a little sneakier... I've had to resort to this in a couple of situations. Quick explanation first.

Step 5 of the Add Form process actually loads your form page(s) into hidden iframes in the page, then uses javascript to parse the form fields. However, sometimes JS loading in the iframe fails to work properly so the Add Form process isn't able to read the values.

So! Instead of actually getting the script to parse the dynamically generated page, you can fool it and show.

Load up your webpage in a browser (preferably Firefox because it's easiest). Then, view DYNAMIC source on the page. This shows all current markup, including that that's been generated via JS. Firefox has an option for this on the right-click menu. IE... who knows. Then, save that file in the same folder as your form.

Then, in the Add Form process, return to step 1 and enter the URL of this scraped page. That should enable the Add Form script to do it's job and locate the fields.

Hope this helps!

- Ben
Wink 
Ben,
Thanks for the help !!!

Yes, in the Add Form process (I assumed that was part of the install, but maybe I posted to the wrong topic).

ok. I can understand why the JS used to parse the fields might choke with JS used in the forms, and my code is probably sloppy :-)

I did manually add the form fields, but I couldn't get the options to show up when I submitted data - that worries me that the radio buttons are not working with FT. Radio buttons are a pain !! But I'm this far, so I'm committed.

I'll try the scraping method. Like I said, I stripped out the javascript, and the Add Form process worked fine, though I never submitted data to check. Maybe I should. I assumed it would be ok.

I also tried to upload a version of the form devoid of JS - trying to trick it into filling in the field options from the raw form.

Is it worth trying to do that now that I know I have a version of the form that works??

This gives me some things to try.
Again, THANKS !!!
Ben,

I think that worked !!!
I had to install the Web Developers toolbar plugin for Firefox to get the rendered source, but it works (so far).

Getting closer.
THANKS !!!
Dan
Rocket Music
Brilliant, very glad to hear. Smile

- Ben