The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 26 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/showthread.php 137 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1380 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2909 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 621 build_forum_jump
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1952 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1952 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 629 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(732) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 732 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 844 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 406 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1070 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 474 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 660 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 741 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 746 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 6 - File: inc/functions_post.php(474) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 660 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 741 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 746 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1506 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $addremovesubscription - Line: 79 - File: showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1533) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1533 eval

FORUMS

The Form Tools forums are no longer active, but the old posts have been archived here. Please see the Help page on how to get help / report issues.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do I Incorporate A View On An External Page
I have managed to create a form (external page) on my own website with an associated thank you page which posts the submissions via the simple post method. Form Tools adds the submissions to the SQL form ok and I can use views to create a view of the submitted data.

What I cannot locate is a means of placing those views on a page of my own website (external to Form Tools) without the user having to use Form Tools themselves. The views concerned will need to allow the usual list all submissions and provide the standard search facility. Reason for doing this is so the view page will have the same general appearance as any other page on the web site.

Can someone point me in the right direction to do this please.
There are some API functions that can help with this. Check out the documentation here: http://docs.formtools.org/api/?page=func...ubmissions

Alex

(Nov 25th, 2014, 9:28 AM)wychegnome Wrote: I have managed to create a form (external page) on my own website with an associated thank you page which posts the submissions via the simple post method. Form Tools adds the submissions to the SQL form ok and I can use views to create a view of the submitted data.

What I cannot locate is a means of placing those views on a page of my own website (external to Form Tools) without the user having to use Form Tools themselves. The views concerned will need to allow the usual list all submissions and provide the standard search facility. Reason for doing this is so the view page will have the same general appearance as any other page on the web site.

Can someone point me in the right direction to do this please.
Thank you for your response Alex. This has enabled me to put data onto a page of my own and even modify the appearance (font size) using a style command on the page.

The next stumbling block I have hit is the lack of a search bar on the page. These are there automatically for views when seen within Form Tools providing the relevant fields are flagged as searchable in form / views / fields.

Can you kindly point me to the instructions to put the search bar on my own page as well as the data from the database please.

John
I don't think that's going to be quite as easy as it is to simply display the data using the API.

You might have to code that yourself. If you are familiar with MySQL queries with php, it might be relatively easy. I have done custom PHP scripts to pull info out of my FormTools databases and display the data on my pages, but I've never tried making a search tool.

Alex

(Nov 28th, 2014, 10:13 AM)wychegnome Wrote: Thank you for your response Alex. This has enabled me to put data onto a page of my own and even modify the appearance (font size) using a style command on the page.

The next stumbling block I have hit is the lack of a search bar on the page. These are there automatically for views when seen within Form Tools providing the relevant fields are flagged as searchable in form / views / fields.

Can you kindly point me to the instructions to put the search bar on my own page as well as the data from the database please.

John
Hi again Alex.

Unfortunately I am not a PHP programmer and was hoping that Form Tools would avoid my going through the learning curve, especially as time is not on my side when there are many other tasks already on my desk to do. The filter and similar options offered as part of the 'view' designs all seem to require fixed criteria whereas the built in search bar allows full flexibility.

Is the built in code for the search bar easy to find, isolate, and adapt?

The alternative would seem to be to build a 'theme' so that the standard Form Tools offering looks as though it is an integral part of my web site. I had an initial look and this could be the way forward but the example theme mentioned on http://docs.formtools.org/theme_developm...eate_theme as the start point for development isn't there, or at least the files are zero bytes when downloaded (see http://themes.formtools.org/example/).

Do you know what has happened to the example theme or could you point me to a download that actually contains files relevant to Form Tools 2.2.6.

Thanks, John
I don't think you'll be able to just pull the code from the search box, as I am guessing it is directly connected to the particular view, and gets data from the view settings such as what fields to search by, and what fields are searchable.

Of course I don't know much about what exactly you are trying to accomplish, but I know that it's mostly designed to be utilized by logging in as a user. You can customize what particular users see, what they can edit, etc.

I have successfully done some custom coding to use FormTools in many ways for which it was not designed, but sometimes it's just not possible without some significant coding. As for the themes, I have found them pretty easy to adapt. I have taken the default theme and adapted it for my website, and it worked out pretty well. Of course that may not be so easy if you have a more complicated design.

Maybe Ben or Joe can chime in and provide other suggestions for you.

Alex

(Nov 28th, 2014, 2:49 PM)wychegnome Wrote: Hi again Alex.

Unfortunately I am not a PHP programmer and was hoping that Form Tools would avoid my going through the learning curve, especially as time is not on my side when there are many other tasks already on my desk to do. The filter and similar options offered as part of the 'view' designs all seem to require fixed criteria whereas the built in search bar allows full flexibility.

Is the built in code for the search bar easy to find, isolate, and adapt?

The alternative would seem to be to build a 'theme' so that the standard Form Tools offering looks as though it is an integral part of my web site. I had an initial look and this could be the way forward but the example theme mentioned on http://docs.formtools.org/theme_developm...eate_theme as the start point for development isn't there, or at least the files are zero bytes when downloaded (see http://themes.formtools.org/example/).

Do you know what has happened to the example theme or could you point me to a download that actually contains files relevant to Form Tools 2.2.6.

Thanks, John
Hello again Alex

Having spent some more time on this I discovered that an external data entry page allows entry of records by all and sundry without any form of password protection.

In view of this and the lack of built in search facility I have abandoned thoughts of handling Form Tools activities on external pages and have opted instead for internal forms, those within Form Tools itself. This should not be a problem as my requirements are for a simple database, not a highly complex one.

I found it fairly straightforward to copy a theme and change the top of the page banner to something appropriate (for me) and I would expect that I can locate other adjustments in one or other of the css files for the page layout tweaks I have in mind. These are primarily to explore reducing the width of the navigation panel and allowing a greater overall page width for the table views.

It may well be appropriate, then, for this thread to close down.

Thank you again for your help, it is much appreciated.

John
What key features make Node.js the best in the web design market?

Ask any web designing company and they will give you a list of reasons why Node.js is the best option. However, to provide you with a brief insight on what makes Node.js a class-apart from the rest,
Node.js is an open-source network which is available for FREE.
Node.js delivers enhanced performance allowing developers to perform non-blocking operations.
Node.js has built-in APIs which allow developers to make DNS server, TCP server, HTTP server.
Node.js brings a uni-testing feature known as Jasmine which allows developers to code efficiently.