The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Form Tools
You can't be serious - Printable Version

+- Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org)
+-- Forum: Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Installation (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: You can't be serious (/showthread.php?tid=416)

You can't be serious - Templar - Dec 29th, 2009

I've just downloaded the program, all I have is a bunch of folders and files that do nothing and go nowhere. Clicking on them, all I get is the code. How do you get this program to run?

RE: You can't be serious - PTTW - Dec 29th, 2009

Try installing .... in the Install folder... a quick read of the documentation might be in order also

RE: You can't be serious - Templar - Dec 29th, 2009

I wish I could send you a picture of what the install folder looks like. I don't see anything about actually installing the program. Also, where do I find the documentation.?

Thanks

RE: You can't be serious - PTTW - Dec 29th, 2009

go to : http://docs.formtools.org/installation/

RE: You can't be serious - Ben - Dec 30th, 2009

If you're just seeing the code, it sounds like PHP isn't installed on your server.

But in terms of locating the documentation, I'm not sure how to make it any clearer... just click the "documentation" link in the top nav. That takes you to the various subsections, including a section labeled "installation".

All the best -

Ben

RE: You can't be serious - Templar - Dec 30th, 2009

Please see next email

RE: You can't be serious - Templar - Dec 31st, 2009

OK. I found the "page" icon in the upper right corner and managed to open everything up via IE. Yet, I must be missing something or doing something wrong. I click around on the icons and still can't seem to get the program up and running.

I had dragged and dropped the formtools folder into my Expression Web website and then published the website again. The formtools folder does appear on both the local and server side.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

RE: You can't be serious - PTTW - Dec 31st, 2009

(Dec 31st, 2009, 3:28 AM)Templar Wrote: OK. I found the "page" icon in the upper right corner and managed to open everything up via IE. Yet, I must be missing something or doing something wrong. I click around on the icons and still can't seem to get the program up and running.

I had dragged and dropped the formtools folder into my Expression Web website and then published the website again. The formtools folder does appear on both the local and server side.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

From the Installation Documentation:

Installation

Form Tools comes with it's own installation script. Just follow these steps to get it installed on your server.

1. Download the zipfile from the downloads page and unzip the files into a folder on your computer.
2. With an FTP client, upload the files to your webserver to a location of your choosing. This folder must be accessible via a URL on your site, e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/form_tools/
3. Open the installation script in your web browser. This is found in the /install subfolder the location where you installed it, e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/form_tools/install/. This script will lead you through the remaining steps.
4. You need to ensure the /themes/default/cache folder is writable. If it it not, you'll see an error message in your browser. This goes for all themes that you want to use; each has a /cache folder that will need write permissions set.