The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 40 - File: global.php(841) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(841) : eval()'d code 40 errorHandler->error
/global.php 841 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5024 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5024 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7162 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7162 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5044 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1415 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1415 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1370 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Form Tools
[Solved] Problems with setting upload folder permissions - Printable Version

+- Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org)
+-- Forum: Form Tools (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.formtools.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [Solved] Problems with setting upload folder permissions (/showthread.php?tid=602)

[Solved] Problems with setting upload folder permissions - jglnb - Mar 24th, 2010

HI all,

firstly this is a great piece of software - even as a novice I can pretty much get it all happening ! Fantastic work - cheers to the creators ! Well done.

My problem is with the file upload permissions. (again..sigh). I have read the tutorials (very well written and other examples for about 5 hours and just cannot crack this.

I have checked my server using info.php - uploads are on. So not a server issue.

I am unable to get Form Tools to submit the picture file when using the edit function on a submitted record via the admin tools. I am unable to conduct a successful "Test Folder Permissions" and "Confirm Folder-Url match" through the admin functions.

I have used my ftp program to change the permissions to 777 on my "upload" directory. Many times !!!

So, I guess, I am simply not pointing to the correct folders ?

I am having this site hosted, so my "Upload Folder Path" is :

/servername/6-tes/xx/xx/mywebsite.com/public/www/formtools/upload

http://www.mywebsite.com/formtools/upload is the upload folder URL I am using.

(I have changed a few things out to prevent any security issues with the site - it is not secured much yet.)

I get a blank yellow box that goes from dark yellow to light yellow on the Test Folder Permissions and "In order to run this test, the permissions need to be set on the upload folder to allow for reading and writing files (777 on Unix)." on the "Confirm Folder-URL match"

Could someone please offer some advice before I have no sleep - no hair and a terrible headache ?

Thanks for any assistance,

Cheers
jglnb

RE: Problems with setting upload folder permissions - jglnb - Mar 25th, 2010

does it help to add that the info.php says the "upload_tmp_dir" is "/tmp/upload" of course with no quotes.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

RE: [Solved] Problems with setting upload folder permissions - jglnb - Mar 26th, 2010

HI guys,
I have still continued to work on this problem and got the solution. (I feel very happy about this !!!)

Basically, my web hosting company did not allow access to the upload folder in the basic php.ini configuration. As soon as I contacted them, they allowed access to the folder and hey presto - the test folder permissions and confirm folder - url match worked correctly and files were uploading to the server exactly where they should be through my form.

So if anyone has this issue in future, check with the hosting company and confirm that you have access to the upload directory specified in the info.php script.

Then, once you are confirmed to have access,

/servername/6-tes/xx/xx/mywebsite.com/public/www/formtools/upload

http://www.mywebsite.com/formtools/upload

I hope this helps anyone in the future.
Thanks for taking the time to think about my issue.

Cheers
jglnb

RE: [Solved] Problems with setting upload folder permissions - Ben - Mar 28th, 2010

Hi jglnb,

Sorry you had such trouble with this...! Funnily enough, I went through the same problem a while back - exactly the same cause.

But I'm glad you got it resolved now.

All the best -

Ben

RE: [Solved] Problems with setting upload folder permissions - jglnb - Mar 28th, 2010

Thanks Ben,

hopefully someone will be able to fix this problem with this bit of advice !

Much appreciated.

Cheers
John